Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hutch Transformation Pt. 1

I really am going to paint my hutch.  Really I am.  This weekend I have been getting ready for my high school reunion and my 14th wedding anniversary is Monday so we went to dinner Friday night.  Want to hear something funny?  We bought each other the same exact card.  My husband has to work on Monday (24 hour shift) so we did our card exchange at dinner.   Anyway,with the reunion next weekend and a mountain trip the following weekend, the hutch will have to wait.   However, I did decide to play around with redecorating it.  See what you think.  It will be interesting to see how different it will look after I paint it.

Here is the before pic.

IMG_1615

And the after.

IMG_2008

IMG_2006

I tried to make everything more cohesive.  I may still make some changes especially once the hutch is redone.  Feel free to make any suggestions with the decor.  I appreciate other’s ideas. 

I painted a basket I got from a garage sale that looked like this.  (I had to borrow a photo from ebay because I forgot to take a before.)

I painted it black and added some hydrangeas.

IMG_1967

IMG_1997

I painted another basket to add to the left side and filled it with artificial artichokes.

IMG_1986

My father in law made the pig cutting board when he was in school.  He is now 80. 

IMG_1984 

I borrowed some plates from my tall black cabinet.  It doesn’t seem too bare even after taking almost half of the plates.

IMG_1992

IMG_2000

IMG_2001

This copper pot was my mom’s and the pewter goblets were given to me by my father in law and his wife.

IMG_1971

IMG_1999

This was also my mom’s.  Have you ever noticed the detail on these?

IMG_1996 IMG_1981

See the daisy for Dazey?

IMG_1979

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope to have more to show you soon.

signature2

Linking to

Weekend Wrap Up Party @ Tatertots and Jello

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on The Porch

Anything Related @ All Thingz Related

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails