Thursday, December 9, 2010

Our New Christmas Tree

IMG_0368

My old tree lights finally died this year so it was time for a new one.  I wanted tall and skinny and my son liked big and fat.  He won.  I am starting to fall in love with the tree and I told him he did well and I am glad he got his way.  I have a traditional tree  that holds all of my ornaments and my mom’s ornaments.  Many of her ornaments are handmade.  I am a nature, rustic, muted kind of girl so when you see my tree you will realize it is none of these things.  Sometimes you just gotta go sparkly and colorful. 

I bought some new ornaments this year so that I could fill up my bigger tree.  I got these red Joy glitter ones from Hobby Lobby.

IMG_0372

And these gold glitter Merry Christmas ornaments from Wal-Mart. 

IMG_0373

One of my favorite things about the tree are the end of the branches look like real pine needles.

IMG_0380

My little star for the top of the tree looked ridiculously small on this tree so I had to whip up a bow and I stuck some glittery gold stems around it.

IMG_0362

I also added some woven red stuff I found at Hobby Lobby and red and gold poinsettias.

IMG_0371

IMG_0369

Although my tree isn’t my usual taste it is full of memories and able to hold any ornament a friend gives to me or someone makes me and blend perfectly.   My son loves bright, shinny and colorful so it makes him happy and that is what counts. 

IMG_0392

IMG_0379

IMG_0365

IMG_0367

Thanks for stopping by.

Tracy

 

Linking to

Christmas Tree Party @ Thrifty Décor Chick

Show and Tell @ My Romantic Home

Christmas Tree Party @ Straight Stitches

Holiday Home Tour @ Lisa’s Creative Home

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails