Friday, October 29, 2010

Practice Sign

Because I have never made a sign, I thought I should attempt a little one before I move on to the big bathroom sign I have planned.  I took a scrap piece of unpainted board from my bench project and dry brushed it with several colors. 

IMG_5905

I made a stencil with my Cricut.

IMG_5904

Added a little dark brown to the red and painted the stencil.

IMG_5906

IMG_5907

I probably should have left it alone, but I decided to sand it a bit.

I kind of like the before I sanded better, but it’s ok since it is a practice sign and learning experience.

IMG_5926

IMG_5925 

IMG_5924

Yep, I have an ugly ceiling that I am not motivated enough to do anything about.   Oh the things I could get done if I didn’t work outside the home.  At least that’s what I tell myself.

If I find the motivation tomorrow I am starting on the big daddy sign.  Wish me luck.

 

Tracy

Linking to

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails