Saturday, September 4, 2010

Window Art

There is a large blank space on my window that I wanted to try and fill.  I came up with an idea that I am not sure if it works or not.  Sometimes I have to see if an idea grows on me.  This is one of those times.  I will have photos showing more of the window soon. Pinky swear.  If you have been following me then you know I am a slacker and I have been working on a certain project forever that is still not complete. 

Ok back to the window art. 

I bought some clear sticker paper that is repositionable and a piece of already cut (8x10) plexi glass from the craft store.

IMG_3854

I printed my all time favorite photo onto the paper. 

232323232fp34__nu=327__;;2_664_WSNRCG=3234__7;;_;28nu0mrj

It is my son hugging my dog on a fall decorated bench.  I changed it to black and white and used the sketch program I posted about recently.  I had to place the sticker on a little at a time to try and keep the air bubbles out.  I cut off the excess edges with an an  xacto knife.

I used plexi glass because it is light weight and unbreakable which seemed sensible  because I clipped it onto my window hardware like a curtain.

IMG_3845

I

IMG_3846

I haven’t seen what this will look like in the daytime yet.  But at night with the inside light off my back yard light shines through and it looks like this.

IMG_3850

I have some other ideas to do with the plexi glass when I get my Cricut Machine.  This sticker peels right off or I can buy another piece of it for 99 cents. 

What could you do with this idea?  Do you like it?

UPDATE:  I have decided this project is a no.  It kinda looks like an xray on the window.   

Tracy

Linking to

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interior

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails