Sunday, April 3, 2011

Personalized Pillows

My best friend Becky’s birthday was in March.  I am behind in everything including getting her a gift.  I wanted to make her something for her home that was special.  When I was flipping through the Restoration Hardware catalog and saw this pillow

rh

an idea popped into my head.

I had to design the design.  I used my Photoshop Elements and Cricut with my Make the Cut computer program.  You can also print out an image with your printer and use and x-acto knife. 

image

image

I used freezer paper to make an iron on stencil and carefully placed each piece onto the fabric.

IMG_7562

IMG_7566

IMG_7567

Blogger's Pillow Party

IMG_7568

I added the year my friend and her husband were married over the top in the middle.

IMG_7569

IMG_7570

It’s a good thing my last name isn’t Jones and I wasn’t married in ‘93 because I would be keeping this pillow.  I have the design saved so I might have to make me one. 

Here’s the finished pillow.

IMG_7583

IMG_7581

IMG_7582

IMG_7584

I also made a small pillow with a “J” on it. 

IMG_7580

I have been in a slump and not in the mood to create so it felt good to make something I love so much for my friend I love.  Happy late birthday Becky.  You should be getting these in the mail in the near future. 

sig

Linking to

Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots and Jello

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style

Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts

DIY Club

Visit thecsiproject.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails