Saturday, April 16, 2011

Faux Distressing and Easy Hardware Change

After I finished touching up my hutch I decided to add some faux distressing to break up all the black.  I used some Autumn Brown acrylic paint and a small paint brush. 

Instead of sanding I glided the side of the brush along the areas that would be sanded for distressing.  It’s faster, more controllable and not messy. 

IMG_8440 copy

Another paint trick I did was to lightly coat the handles and  hinges with the black paint while I was touching up the hutch.

paintedhardware

The handles don’t look gold at all on the oak cabinets, but against the black they did so painting on the light layer of black toned them down and kept me from removing the hardware to paint or buying a different kind.  I keep rubbing on them and the paint isn’t budging. 

Here’s the bottom cabinets with the “gold”handles and without the faux distressing.

paintedblackcabinets1

And with the changes.

fauxdistressedblackcabinets1

  Depending on what time I get my baskets Monday I will have a post on Monday or Tuesday. 

I  am glad I painted it and even better my husband and son both like it.  They were against me changing it. 

If you want to see my previous post about painting the hutch then go here. 

sig

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails