Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter and Another Chalkboard Project

IMG_8869-1

I hope you all have a blessed and happy Easter.  My husband is working today so it is just me and my son today. 

I wanted to share a chalkboard project with you.  I needed a long and skinny frame so I searched Goodwill and found the size I needed.  I stopped at Lowes and had a think piece of wood cut to fit the frame. 

Here’s what I started with.

IMG_8755chalk

I removed the glass and print and painted the frame.  I am experimenting with the Annie Sloan chalk paint so that is what I used in Versailles green.  I used a clear wax and a dark brown wax after I painted and distressed the frame.

I wanted the board to be magnetic so I sprayed 5 coats of magnetic spray paint on the board and it still doesn’t work as well as it should after all that paint!  When it was dry I rolled on some chalkboard paint. (not chalk paint-confusing huh?)  I did 3 coats.  For some reason it didn’t turn out as smooth as I expected it to with a roller.  I had to sand it a bit and it is still bumpier than I would like it to be.  Maybe it was my cheap $1 store roller.

IMG_8759

I used a staple gun to hold the wooden board inside the frame and this is what it looks like. 

IMG_8872

In honor of Easter and the Resurrection I wrote a fitting Bible verse on it.

IMG_8871

IMG_8874

I hope you all have a wonderful day.  Thanks for stopping by.

sig

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails