Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hutch Transformation

In July 2010 I started talking about painting my hutch and last week I showed you proof that I was finally doing it.  You can see those posts here and here

My baskets arrived by UPS yesterday, but I ran out of daylight for pics.  So today I finally get to reveal my hutch transformation. 

I am so glad I looked past my fears and went for it.  I think it looks amazing.  My only concern is that it makes the rest of the kitchen cabinets scream for a makeover. 

Are you ready to see it?  Good, because I am sooooo ready to show you.

IMG_8625

Don’t you just love those baskets?  I think they are the icing on the cake. I bought them at Target, however, they didn’t have enough so I had to order some online.  They were cheaper online because you get a discount the more you order.  The baskets fit perfectly and the color is just right.

IMG_8639

They were already lined!  What a bonus. I think the lining helps lighten up the black hutch and it goes with the dishes. 

How about some before and after shots?

Before

trans3

After

IMG_8624 copy

Before

 

IMG_6527-copy

After

IMG_8653

Before

IMG_6528

After

IMG_8630

It was suggested by a reader that I remove the scrolly trim.  I have no carpenter skills and the trim is such a part of the hutch that I would have to rebuild most of it.  So it stayed and I think it looks just fine.

And a few more just because photos.

IMG_8650

IMG_8643 copy

IMG_8651

Oops a “moon” shot.  Smile

IMG_8627

IMG_8628

I might have some new plans for those red barstools.  Not sure yet. 

IMG_8635

IMG_8626

The little pig cutting board was made by my 81 yr old father in law when he was young.  It makes me smile.

I have another large painting project on my list for this year and I can’t wait until I have that one checked off my list too.

Do you have any painting projects you have been putting on hold?  Are you ready to take the plunge?  I hope my built in hutch inspires you to get painting. 

sig

Linking to

Piece of Work @ Primitive and Proper

Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

Power of Paint @ Domestically Speaking

Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage

Show and Tell @ My Romantic Home

Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed Creations

Remodelaholic’s Anonymous @ Remodelaholic

Show and Share Day @ Just a Girl

Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots and Jello

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Paint Projects Party @ Centsational Girl

bestofapril

before and after party

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails