Monday, August 8, 2011

Foot Stool Redo

Last night I painted and waxed my foot stool I got last week.  I used my Versailles Annie Sloan chalk paint.  I added a clear and dark brown wax.  I also used the dark brown wax to liven up the wicker.  It was faded in places and had blue paint in places.  The wax covered it all perfectly.

IMG_1624x_edited-1

Here is a reminder of the before.

IMG_1269

Here’s the blue paint the wax covered.

IMG_1270

Some more after shots. 

IMG_1617x_edited-1

IMG_1618x_edited-1

I used my large stencil brush to apply the dark wax.  I got it a little heavier than I planned, but I can live with it.  I really don’t’ have a place to put this stool so I am just keeping it to the side of a chair and will pull it out as needed. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

sig

Linking to

Piece of Work @ Primitive and Proper

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails