Sunday, January 23, 2011

To Be Junk Or Not To Be Junk?

You may remember some rusty stuff I got at a sale this past summer.  I still don’t know what to do with it, but I hang on to it just waiting.  Well Donna at Funky Junk has not only done a link this week at her Saturday Night Special party (yes I am late to the party), but she is also having a copycat challenge.  I may use this post for both. 

So I had this rusty stuff and I love numbers.  I love the number 2, but was just not feeling it today. Move over 2 there is a new number in town.  I don’t even like odd numbers so I don’t know why the #3 kept calling to me. 

I took a scrap board and painted it with off white paint, glazed it with dark brown and added extra glaze to the edges.  Next I stenciled a 3 and hammered in a nail and hung my rusty stuff on the board. 

Instant Junk Art that is functional.

Wanna see? 

IMG_3802

IMG_3803

What could you do with the hook thing you ask?  Why put your keys on it.

IMG_3805

I switched it out with another rusty thing.  I just took the first one off the nail.

IMG_3807

And added this thing.

IMG_3806

It could hold a towel maybe? 

I couldn’t let my cute 3 stencil I made go to waste so I used it on a galvanized box with a lid that my father in law made when he was in his early 20s.  I am going to put it in my son’s room if when he let’s me redo it.

IMG_3808

IMG_3809

IMG_3814

What do you think?  Is it Funky Junk?  I think so. 

 

Tracy

Linking to

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails