Saturday, January 29, 2011

Ballard Inspired Table Top

There is something about about string, twine, jute etc. that I like.  I think it is the texture and look of it and yet it has function.  Anyway, I have had these things sitting in and around or stored in my house.  While browsing through the Ballards catalog, I noticed they have a thing for string too. 

Here is the catalog photo that caught my attention.

image

So I thought I would join in Donna’s Funky Junk SNS Table Top Theme using my string. 

First I placed my items on my bench.

IMG_4183

IMG_4174

IMG_4185

Isn’t string pretty?  I got the tall one at Walmart in the fabric department and the thick stuff to the right is upholstery cording.

Next I placed my string on a metal tray on my coffee table.

IMG_4197-1

Who knew string could make such a lovely table top vignette.  (I dislike that word for some reason.) 

One more thing.  My son plays with this harmonica that is missing the top and bottom.

IMG_4216

Look how cool it looks like that.  Makes a neat addition to a grouping of old things doesn’t it?

Tracy

Linking to

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails