Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Industrial Lamp, Vintage Fan and a Soda Crate

I found a home for David’s industrial lamp I created.  You can see how I did that here.  I placed the lamp on his long dresser that sits in front of a window.  I added one of his soda crates to the grouping and stole my vintage fan from the guest room.  The gray blue color of it was perfect in his new room.

vintagefan4

At Christmas time there Coca Cola had 4 packs of vintage looking bottled Cokes.  We bought one and David saved a few of the bottles. 

vintagefan

The bottles go well with the grouping and catch the light from the window.

vintagefan2

He is lucky to have such great light coming into his room, but he doesn’t think so when it is early in the morning.  That is why I am trying to make him some curtains that keep the sun out and can be pulled back and let the sun shine through.  It was 73 degrees today.  It motivated me to go outside for a run.  Smile

All this gray is really growing on me and I am liking the contrasting pops of red in the room such as in the frame on the wall.

vintagefan3

And the other soda crate on his armoire that is Coca Cola and red.

cocacolacrate

That chrome lantern was my mom’s.  I don’t know where she got it, but I think it is so cool and I love it!  She would enjoy his room because she loved antiques and vintage. 

I want to share a couple more photos with added texture. 

20120222-vintagefan5_edited-1

vintagefan4_edited-1

Adding textures makes photos fun and creative. 

Have you mixed industrial and vintage in any of your rooms?  I would love to hear about it.

sig

Linking to

Open House Party @ No Minimalist Here

Saturday Night Special (Vintage) @ Funky Junk Interiors

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails