Friday, October 28, 2011

A Storm Door With a Built in Pet Door

I finally talked my husband into getting the girls the door of their dreams.  It’s not much to look at, but it will let them go outside when we have the regular back door open.  I found a storm door that has a built in pet door.

image

Our current storm door is pretty sad.  It is a 70s aluminum door so it will be an improvement, plus the new door is way more energy efficient. 

20111028-IMG_3549

The dogs have to wait for us to open the ugly door so they can go outside.  If this was a better photo you could see the pleading looks on their faces. 

Harley is getting older and I don’t think she will be able to wait to go outside like she used to, so it will be nice for her to be able to go out when she needs to.

20111028-IMG_3543

She is starting to look a little rough around the edges.  I hope she can learn to use the door even though she is blind.

The girls do everything together so I am counting on Izzy to teach Harley how to go out or at least encourage her to push on the door flap.

Izzy is still small and cute.  She loves attention and is very jealous.

20111028-IMG_3540

Can you believe that sweet face above bites Harley’s butt when Harley jumps up on the couch to sit next to me? 

I know she loves her friend Harley because they play and snuggle together.

20111028-IMG_3535

I get my revenge for Harley by making Izzy play dress up.

izzydoor

I think she is worried that the flower makes her butt look fat.

I am going to have to get her a sweater because yesterday we broke a 100 year record and the Texas panhandle got about 3 inches of wet heavy snow.

20111027-IMG_3532

My big tree in the backyard had limbs hanging low because of the weight of the snow on the leaves.  The leaves usually drop mid to late November. 

20111027-IMG_3533

We were just in the 80s on Monday and Tuesday.  

I am going to order my door today and it takes a couple of weeks to get arrive, but I will let you know if the girls love their new door and how hard it was to teach a blind dog new tricks. 

sig

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails