Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Version Of A Beachy Mantel

I mentioned that I don’t often change my mantel, but blogging is changing all of that.  I made a fun sign out of a picket fence for the mantel that you can read about here

IMG_9663

I used it for the centerpiece for my version of a beachy mantel.  I would love for my version to be in beautiful soothing colors of whites and blues, but that just doesn’t go with my existing décor.  I always tend to go towards muted colors in the same tone.  I don’t know if it’s my style or how I play it safe. 

I use the same candlesticks year around on my mantel.  I like them and don’t want to permanently change them, but they needed to go with my new beachy look.  To fix my issue I tied twine and upholstery cording around them. 

IMG_9602

I used some mason jars and tied fish net onto them and filled them with sand, a seashell and a candle.

IMG_9643

IMG_9628

I found a pretty boat at TJ Maxx.  It’s the culprit that got my beachy wheels spinning.

IMG_9658

IMG_9660

I also found a sea fan and a few starfish there as well.

IMG_9660

IMG_9661

IMG_9662

IMG_9665

IMG_9668

Do you ever branch out of your décor style and give it your own little twist? 

sig

Linking to

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

Making Monday Marvelous @ C.R.A.F.T.

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch

Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage

Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

The Lettered CottageVisit thecsiproject.com
 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails