Friday, April 13, 2012

Moisture Ring on My Son’s Newly Painted Furniture

I walked into my son’s room and spotted a ring on his dresser that I recently painted.

IMG_9044-001

I am glad he was at school, because I might have freaked out on  him.  I do that sometimes over things that really aren’t important and then I feel badly later.

Since I didn’t have to spend time freaking out, I thought I would try to fix it before he got home.  I had used Annie Sloan’s chalk paint and was when I redid the dresser.  After a little brainstorming I decided to try a sanding black, wax and a paper towel.

IMG_9049-001

And it worked.

IMG_9047-001

I first tried to add a little wax to it and the ring was still there so I sanded very lightly and added more wax and the ring disappeared. 

When I was finished I gathered all the stuff my son left on his floor, dresser and night stand and piled it in his recliner. 

IMG_9045-001

This is a great way to get him to clean his room.  He likes to sit in his chair and can’t when it’s piled high with things he should have put away. 

sig

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails