Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pears

Pears seem to be the in fruit and I really like the way the look. I have seen reference to "Ballard Pears" so I looked and wow....very pricey. Here is what they look like and the website. http://www.ballarddesigns.com



So I was at my favorite place, Hobby Lobby, this week and they were having their annual home decor clearance. As I was walking up and down the aisles, I spotted some unpainted pears. The big one was on clearance for around $2.00 and the small one for $1.34. So I bought them and painted them.





I used celery green, avocado and burnt umber for the colors. I painted the celery green as a base and used a stencil brush to blot on the darker green and browns and then I added a brown glaze. I have some greenery with leaves so I stole some leaves, painted them brown and twisted them onto the stem. Not bad for about $3.50.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails