Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Rest of the Porch-Ready for Fall Ya’ll

My son and husband said this is my best porch decorating ever.  That makes me feel good because they don’t often have an opinion about such things.  I really like it too.  I might have to add some more pumpkins if I find a good deal somewhere.  One blogger mentioned good deals at Lowe’s so I need to go there.  Anyway, let’s get this show on the road.  Here’s the entire porch area and then I will break it down.

20111002-IMG_3032

20111002-IMG_3027

I posted about the metal containers yesterday.  You can see more pics and read about them here.

I love my arrangement by the front door. 

20111002-IMG_3024

The 2 large mums were about $3 at Walmart and the little one was the same price.  I hope they stay pretty because they were cheaper than pumpkins this year. 

20111002-IMG_3059

20111002-IMG_3015

20111002-IMG_3018

I found the baskets at Michaels.  They were 50% off and my sweet blogging friend Pat @ Gypsy Heart Blog sent me a 20% off sale items and entire purchase coupon so I got 70% off of the baskets!

20111002-IMG_3058

I got 2 big natural colored ones and a little green one. 

Some nasty green wormy things that look like my cabbage leaves are eating big holes in the plants.

20111002-IMG_3026

I finally found them last night and picked the ones I could find off.  Ok I talked my son and his friend into picking them off for me. 

I brought my autumn pillow back out to put on my bench and filled my containers with mums, a kale, and some pumpkins.

20111002-IMG_3031

20111002-IMG_3028

I found this little Kale plant at Walmart.  I like the ruffled leaves.

20111002-IMG_3040

I put excelsior moss in the pots to help keep the moisture in the soil and because I thought it made the pots look more interesting.

20111002-IMG_3045

Little pumpkin gourds helped to fill up the pots.  Some are real and some are faux.

20111002-IMG_3053

I added a pie pumpkin to help fill one pot.  I might get some more of these to put in my flower bed.

20111002-IMG_3048

I think these mums are a really pretty color.  They go well with the orange pumpkins.

20111002-IMG_3044

And last but not least my good friend Jack is back.

20111002-IMG_3049

He is a plug in pumpkin that I have had for over 15 years.  After Halloween I just turn him around so the plain back part of the pumpkin is showing. 

Thanks for stopping by and enjoying my fall porch.  Are you ready for fall at your house? 

sig

Linking to

Sunday Showcase @ Under The Table and Dreaming

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style

image

Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots and Jello

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

30 comments:

  1. Love your fall decorations. Just lovely!

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy your front porch looks beautiful! I especially love the photo with your little cutie peaking out to see whats going on:) I have big holes in the leaves of my cabbage plants too UGH! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's gorgeous! I love the vine of leaves wrapped around the bench.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this looks nice! You arranged the mums and pumpkins so beautifully near the front door...it looks very welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. tracy, that is so warm, welcoming and beautiful! i love every last detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are right the porch looks great! What a bargain on the mums, I put mums out but the deer are eating them, yikes. Laura Cottage and Broome

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the guys...great job! I got Pat's coupon for Michael's too but the nearest one is an hour away so I didn't get there. Love the Harvest baskets. In the first couple of pics I thought the leaves on your bench were real. Shows what a great photographer you are! I got a new camera. Canon Rebel T3. So far I can take a picture and download it to my computer. Quite an accomplishment for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tracy it looks beautiful! I love the baskets, they are so cute. Your porch is very welcoming and perfect for fall.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Georgous...it is hard to imagine that it could look any better, it is all so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty Tracy! Home Depot has pumpkins for 4 for 10!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tracy, your porch looks beautiful. Can't wait to get mine done this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tracy, I can see why your husband and son said what they said about your porch! It looks GREAT! I love your baskets with the mums in them. I too have an old "Jack" that is a plug in and I turn him around after Halloween.

    Have a wonderful day,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  13. It all looks so pretty Tracy! I haven't seen any mums that cheap here. I'm just now pulling out some Fall stuff. I'll work on it this week. Do the kale need sun? I have no sun on my front porch so I may have to go faux!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI Tracy! That is my daughter's name! I LOOOVE your Fall porch! It looks terrific! I ahve that same (old) plug in pumpkin! I also bought the same color mums and love them with the pumpkims! Today I posted my Fall kitchen but if you come to my blog you can see my porch too! Hope to see you! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet!! Love the layering of stuff...the straw in the pots with the pumpkins is nice. So glad the men in your lives gave you a lift!! Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  16. Will you come decorate my porch? Your porch looks so inviting and cozy. I'm in the middle of trying to turn an extra room into my studio, so I think fall decorating isn't going to happen this year:-(
    Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful space!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! Perfectly done! Want a neat Kale recipe? Pioneer Woman posted the Olive Garden Soup....http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/10/sausage-potato-and-kale-soup/. I love this soup! Multi-purpose decorations! Eat and decorate ; ) Love, Me www.youaretalkingtoomuch.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is fabulous!! I so enjoyed your vignettes, you did a magnificent job with your porch, I specially love the iron bench and how you fixed it up for fall with such cute Autumn pillow... definetelly fall is my fav season and you captured it magazine perfect, even better! Hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think your porch is absolutely wonderful....it looks just like I would love my porch to look like, if I had one!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great job! zLove your porch and your (fur) supervisor! Love all the fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just beautiful! What a wonderfully large and full porch you have! A lovely fall welcome to your guests! Visiting via Sarah's party!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic, Tracy! I love your groupings, everything works together so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Tracy, your porch is beautiful! Everything about it. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just love your porch and the great way you decorated for fall...it is so warm and inviting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is totally awesome! I just love it! I would love if you would come link this up at the Thursday Crazy Cute link party today!

    www.betweenuandme.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and I appreciate each and every one of them. Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails