Friday, October 14, 2011

Paint A Bamboo Floor Mat

Not too long ago I bought several of these bamboo floor mats from ABC Distributing for $5.95 each so I could use them when I take photos.  I have an idea for one of them other than using it for photos and it needed to be black so I used some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Slate and I made it darker by adding some craft blackboard chalk paint to it. I also gave it a light coating of clear wax.  The painted covered the mat in one coat and I painted the material edges too. 

Here is an example of how I would use it for photo shoots.

patext

The looks even better when a texture is added to it using Photoshop Elements.

patext_edited-1

Oh the possibilities.

20111014-IMG_3322

And here is an unpainted one beside the black one I painted.

20111014-IMG_3323

I will show you what I did with my black mat soon and I am going to try to paint another one this weekend. 

sig

Linking to

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots and Jello

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails