Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Small Chest and Chair

I had this really ugly little chest.  It was 1970s with rectangular pulls and kind of a natural wood color.  Of course I didn’t take a before photo.  I get so wrapped up with getting stuff done that I often forget the before shot.   My friend’s dad gave me an old oak chair and I thought they would look perfect together.  I spray painted them with Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch in Colonial Red with a Satin Finish and then dry brushed on some black acrylic paint.  I placed them in the game room next to the door we use to come in from the garage.  I use it to store extra school supplies. 

IMG_0201

IMG_0205

I got the new pull handles from Hobby Lobby. 

IMG_0202

I repaired a crack in the wood with wood filler.  You can still see it, but you have to look for it.

IMG_0207

IMG_0208

Why yes that is 1970s wood paneling half way up my wall.  It’s my husband’s game room and he likes it.  I can live with it.  It looks better when you see the whole room.  

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day.

signature2

Linking to

Whatever Wednesday @ Someday Crafts

Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking

Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple

Feature Yourself Friday @ Fingerprints on the Fridge

Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails