Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Craft Frame Ideas

One of my favorite ways to decorate is with framed photos.   I often paint my store bought  frames to make them more my style or I buy wooden craft frames and decorate them. 

There are many ways you can decorate the wood frames from Michael’s Craft store.  I think they cost $1. 

They look like this.

013

They can be painted.

 

I use my acrylic paints all the time.  I am addicted to buying them.  They work great on the frames.  I had one of those cheap plastic photos holders with a magnet on the back  on my fridge.  It wasn’t all the appealing even if it did have my favorite photo of my son and dog in it.

015

I knew a painted wooden frame would make it much better.

002

Much better huh?

I used magnets that had adhesive on one side to keep the frame on the fridge and the plastic photo holder fit perfectly inside  the frame.

005

Here is a close up of the paint.  I used a green and then lightly brushed the edges with a brown.  I also flicked brown paint onto it using a toothbrush.  I stamped a carrot onto the frame and painted it.

003

004

Another idea is using mosaic tiles.

You can buy marbles, glass, break old chipped plates, etc.  I used some small square tiles that came in a container similar to this one.

Generating image

I glued the tiles on with this and let it dry.

And then used a dark gray grout just like this one.  This one is just a different color.

It turned out like this.

012

And of course you can never go wrong with Mod Podge and scrapbook paper. 

I have made several of these frames.  I usually paint the edge a color that goes with the paper.  I also like to paint the Mod Podge  onto the top of the paper so it leaves it glossy and acts as glue for any embellishments I might add like this cross.

007

Here is the side and you can see I didn’t cut the paper perfectly to size.  You can’t really tell unless you get a close up photo like this.

008

I used the same cross on this next frame and added some stickers.

009

010

It’s pretty obvious my favorite photo subjects are my son and dog. 

I hope you are inspired to make some frames and display your favorite subject.  I also have a photo tidbit for ya.

My nephew graduated Friday.  My sister’s camera was broken and I took the only photos of the ceremony and then……. I accidentally deleted all of them.  My sister was very sad.  I got online and learned that you can get them back!!!!  I bought online software and it can retrieve your photos as long as you don’t take pics over them.  I bought my software for $30 and it was very user friendly. 

Thanks for stopping by.

signature2

Linking to

Get Your Craft On @ Today’s Creative Blog

Anything Related @ All Thingz Related

All Thingz Related

Power of Paint @ Domestically Speaking

Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts

Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple

Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home

Feature Yourself Friday @ Fingerprints on the Fridge

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

22 comments:

  1. Those frames are so great! I really love the carrot you painted. :) Soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas, that last one is real special but I do like the mosaic tiles, very unique!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love the ones with the cross. Theese are all so sweet!


    ~Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are too cute!!! I'm so glad you were able to retrieve those pics back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I especially like the mod podged ones! Gawgeous. And I had no idea on retrieving pics with software! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love them all. I've been wanting to try mosaic...maybe a frame would be a good place to start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute are you with your little carrot! I love the paper embellished ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those frames, makes me want to do some.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of your ideas!! You are just amazing!! We have featured you again so come on over and grab a button!! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. You could use the salt dough to make 3-D elements for your picture frames.
    Have a fun and creative summer.

    mymommymakesit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tracy congrats on the shout out on Someday Crafts! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love them ALL! But the memories is my FAVORITE!! SOOOO beautiful! Thanks for another great week at Anything Related! ~Bridgette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great ideas for those frames, they look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are really great! Would make terrific Christmas gifts! You have quite an imagination!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea adding the wooden picture frames. I have the acrylic ones all over my fridge and the photos are constantly falling out or they fall off. I need to add more magnetic tape and while I am at it, I should spruce them up a bit. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Guess I have to go get some wooden frames now....great ideas!

    Thanks for stopping by! I'm your newest follower!

    Have a great weekend!

    Sam
    Mom. Undecided.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice! Three great ways to decorate frames in one post. I have some that could use these ideas.
    Come by my blog and enter to win $50 CSN gift certificate.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute idea! Those are my favorite frames and I just went and stocked up on them. Now I have some ideas going through my head :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow this is fabulous!! I would love for you to visit My blog. I am also hosting a Giveaway from CSN for $40 dollars !!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You've got some really awesome picture frame ideas, but that mosaic one is totally off the wall cool! Love the 3d aspect to it.

    Thanks for linking up to SNS!
    Donna
    http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and I appreciate each and every one of them. Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails