Friday, June 25, 2010

Ancestors

My husband’s aunt has some wonderful oil paintings of  ancestors to the Deupree family.  Her grandkids are doing some genealogy research and needed photos of the paintings.  I took my digital camera to her house and wanted to share them with you.  I have always loved looking at them when I go to her house.

 IMG_0141

IMG_0148

IMG_0161

The paintings are of  Oden and Elizabeth Hayes.

There is also an old photograph.

IMG_0144

This is John Lapierre Johnson who was at Gettysburg.  He was taken prisoner and spent the remainder of the war at Belle Isle Prison.

 

We are also fortunate that a relative has done massive research that is available online.  She has a website for the Deupree family dating back to the 1700s.  It is really fascinating.  If you want to take a look you can see it here.

signature2

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails