Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Extra Room

My house has a “formal” living room.  It is in the front of the house.  I have seen other homes in our neighborhood use it as a formal dining area.  We are not formal so it  is neither a formal living area or a formal dining area.  It is kind of a dog house.  My dog thinks the room is hers.  She spends her day laying on different pieces of furniture.  Sometimes she favors the loveseat and sometimes the chair.  She uses the big sofa to watch us leave and bark at us.  My son also uses this room to do his  homework or watch TV. 

This is the first room we painted when we moved here 6 years ago.  It is Tatami Tan.  A while back I sewed new throw pillows to change the look of the furniture.  I like the touch of red they add. 

So here is a little tour of the room if you would like to see it.

028

My son loves to watch Pawn Stars and American Pickers in here.  If you haven’t seen these shows you need to check them out.   Fun and interesting shows.   American Pickers is about 2 guys that go junk finding. 

017

This is the top of the entertainment center.  My husband had this when we got married and it is the only item he requested we keep.

018

See the large magazine holder?  I got that in March.  I am thinking of making it my chalkboard project.  I just haven’t decided exactly what to do with it yet. 

020

This is a close up of the coffee table and pillows.

010

Here is what the old pillows looked like.  So not me.

I have had these sweet little prints on either side of the couch for a long time.  I love them and plan to always keep them. 

015

I am still working on this table.  I can’t seem to find the right items to place on it.  I like the  shade but not the lamps.  I am still searching for the right ones. 

016

 

030

032

028

Thanks for visiting.

signature2

Linking to

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails