Friday, October 22, 2010

Side Table Redo and Some Wall Plaques

Recently I added an old window screen on my wall to warm up a corner in my family room.  You can read about it here.  I decided I needed to make a few more changes. 

I have been debating about painting a side table and today I took the plunge. 

I got out the Martha Stewart Oolong Tea sample and painted the base and then I stenciled the top with a harlequin diamond print.

IMG_5019

IMG_5020

When it was dry I sanded it and glazed it in dark brown. 

IMG_5025

I added it to my corner along with some white metal plaques I painted and glazed in the same colors.

IMG_5043

IMG_5035

IMG_5041

IMG_5034

IMG_5039

Before

IMG_4944

After

IMG_5034

The lighting is different because the before photo was taken at night. 

I hope one of the  next changes I show you in this room in the near future will be painted trim.  That before and after should knock your socks off. 

Tracy

Linking to

Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed’s Creative Blog

Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots and Jello

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Piece Of Work Wednesday @ Primitive and Proper

Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails