Friday, October 22, 2010

Origami Paper Star Ornament, Tag or Decor

Last year I was given a Christmas Ornagami Book.  Get it? Ornaments made with Origami. 

IMG_5002

One of my favorite ideas in the book  is a 5 pointed star.  I decided to give it a whirl and I am glad I did.  Love it. 

IMG_4983

 

IMG_4985

IMG_4990

My supply list included:

12x12 sheet of cardstock scrapbook paper cut into 4 6x6 pieces of paper

IMG_5000

Distress Ink (optional)

IMG_5001

Decorative paper brad (optional)

Hole punch

Twine

IMG_4994

I followed the easy instructions in the book. 
(Instructions from Ornagami: An Origami Christmas at Your Fingertips by Gay Merrill Gross, copyright Quirk Packaging 2005, 2007.)   I have permission to share them with you so you can make one too. 

IMG_5014

IMG_5013

IMG_5012

IMG_5006

IMG_5010

IMG_5009

The instructions go back to #1 here because the first set were for a pentagon base.  The 2nd set if for the star.

IMG_5015

IMG_5016

This photo shows the paper brad from the back.

IMG_4987

I rubbed the finished star onto the ink pad to get the distressed look.

IMG_4993

This is a very inexpensive and easy way to make handmade ornaments, gift tags or home decor.  I think glitter would be a great addition to try.  I also think this would be super cute hung at different levels on a wall mirror.

Will you be making one?  What will you do with your star?

Tracy

 

Linking to

Favorite Things Friday @ A Few of My Favorite Things

Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots and Jello

Saturday Night Special@ Funky Junk Interiors

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

Craft-O-Maniac Monday @ Craft-O-Maniac

Get Your Craft On @ Today’s Creative Blog

Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts

 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails