Saturday, October 2, 2010

Doormat Makeover Using Spray Paint

Every time I add something fall to my front porch I notice something else that needs a redo.  My front doormat is old and worn and it became very obvious to me yesterday when I did a new post.  I didn’t take a before pic, but you can kinda see it in this photo.

IMG_4391

  I felt compelled to try and make my mat look better.  I cut some numbers and used adhesive dots to keep them in place.  I spray painted the middle of the mat with ivory and the edges with black and stuck the letters onto the mat.

IMG_4392

I then went back over all of it with the black spray paint and removed the numbers. 

And now I have a “new” rug.

I could have used a little more spray paint, but I ran out and I wanted to be finished.   I will probably get another doormat in the future, but this will work for now.

IMG_4394

IMG_4395

I learned the spray paint a rug/mat trick from Reagan @ A Day in the Life…   She redid a rug on her front porch with sticky notes months ago.  It is cute.  Check it out here if you want to see how she did it.

Tracy

 

Linking to

Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots and Jello

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

Remodelaholic’s Anonymous @ Remodelaholic’s

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Before and After @ Thrifty Decor Chick

Get Your Craft On @ Today’s Creative Blog

Power of Paint @ Domestically Speaking

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails