Saturday, December 8, 2012

Gettin Fit

It was either last year or the year before I complained about my blogging butt.  I had lost my passion for exercise and replaced it with blogging.  As you can see with the lack of post this year that I am putting other things before blogging.  One of them is exercise.  I have been a runner for a while, but I like to mix things up.  I go to the gym and do cardio, but I found myself putting off the strength training so I signed up for Purefit.  It is Crossfit exercises.  They are timed and you participate in a group.  The work out of the day is called a WOD.

Here is a recent one.

wod

I have even talked a few of my coworkers into joining me.  We all love it.  I am about to finish my 3rd month.  We took a photo this week of us and we are going to take one every month and see the changes in our bodies. 

IMG_8574-1

I also started doing Yoga.  I just did my 2nd class yesterday.  Yoga is nota sissy workout let me tell ya.  My butt hurts!  It’s tough.  Our Purefit instructor has been going with us and he grunts and groans and thinks it is tough too. 

I have not lost any weight, in fact I have gained a few pounds, but my body is stronger, more toned and I have lost inches.  I feel better than I have in a long time. 

And our summer vacation looks like it will involve lots of swimming suit days so I will hopefully be ready!  Smile  What do you do for you and your health?

sig

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails