Sunday, November 21, 2010

Cone Christmas Tree Made With Sticks

If you have followed me for awhile then you know I am drawn to nature.  I love the texture of nature and the colors.  I tend to decorate using nature without even thinking about it.

My sofa table is getting a Christmas makeover.  I am  using cone Christmas trees. 

Earlier this year I bought some potpourri from TJ Maxx and it came with bundles of sticks.  I knew I would find a use for them.

IMG_8199

I bought a couple of paper cones.

IMG_8200

And I hot glued the sticks to the smallest cone.

IMG_8203

Don’t you love the texture of it?  I do.

IMG_8205

  I will be doing something with the other cone too.

IMG_8201

I am taking some photos for a friend’s daughter’s 16th birthday today so I am not sure when I will finish, but I will share it with you as soon as I do.

Tracy

 

Linking to

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Get Your Craft On @ Today’s Creative Blog

Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts

19 comments:

  1. Totally cool looking, Tracy. Can't wait to see what else you are working on.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice...I can't wait to see the other one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also drawn to natural elements and tend to decorate using free stuff found in nature. This is sooo awesome!! I will have to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People's creativity never ceases to amaze me...I love the simplicity of this project. A bunch of them would look so cute grouped together....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!!! Your craftiness always beings a smile to my face!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this a lot! Great idea, and great execution!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love this, but I know if i attempted it, I would have sticks and glue in my hair, on my fingers and probably on my clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea!!! It looks like something straight out of a West Elm catalog =)

    xoXOxo
    Jenn L @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my heck, I love that. It will look so great in a vignette somewhere. I want it.
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this! I have a few of those cone trees around the house. Thanks for sharing. I love natural elements too. This is fabulous! Following!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so great! I am loving all the ideas for the paper/foam cones. I might end up with a mantle full of them! That wouldn't even be a bad thing

    Good job, I love this idea :)
    popping by from Whatever Goes Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it!! Those, it does make me oddly hungry for pretzles.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and I appreciate each and every one of them. Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails