Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pumpkin Clock

Our annual decorate a pumpkin for work is approaching and this year we are raffling our pumpkins and donating the proceeds to A Race for the Cure.  I thought a functional pumpkin with a working clock in it would be fun.  I got it all to work, but I can’t help but look at my pumpkin and images of those crazy hats that were worn in England at the royal wedding pop into my head. 

 

pumpkin1

hats

hats2

It started out simple and plain.  A white faux pumpkin.

20110916-IMG_2245

I used a clock template that I found at Buzzle.com to plan my working clock.  I bought the parts at a craft store.

clocktemplate

20110916-IMG_2253

The hands were originally gold and I painted them with oil rubbed bronze spray paint. 

My husband and I used a drill to make the holes for the different hours and to insert the clock mechanism.  I had to cut a hole in the bottom so I could reach inside and be able to place a light in it. 

I glazed the pumpkin and then hot glued the greenery and feathers to the top to create my English hat the decorative part. 

clockpumpkin2

pumpkinclock3

pumpkinclock4

pumpkinclock5

When it is darker you can see the light better.  It flickers which I couldn’t recreate in a photo.

20110917-IMG_2282

So what do you think?  Is it a pumpkin you would love to win at our office raffle or if you won it would you ship it to England where it might be appreciated? 

sig

Linking to

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots and Jello

Potpourri Party @ 2805

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

29 comments:

  1. Love this, so clever and creative...we don't really do Halloween here, but this makes me wanna do a bunch of Alice in wonderland type pumpkins...hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderfully creative idea! I will definitely be trying this craft once we get into October! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very creative of you Tracy! This is the cutest clock and so sweet of you to make it for charity! You are an angel and I've just pinned your clock!

    I would be so excited if you would link to Potpourri Friday (in progress) and a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say that's the most clever idea for a pumpkin yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous idea tracy..loving this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the cutest thing EVER! I love the feathers in it. I don't think I would have ever thought of making a pumpkin a clock. Then agian, I'm not a very good "original" crafter, but I can copy other people really well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's creativity like this that makes me smile--and wish I thought of it! Very clever and I hope you post how the raffle goes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just the cutest thing ever! What a wonderfully creative idea. I am sure that is will be a favorite at the raffle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute, Tracy! I can see the resemblence to the English hats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How clever! Love the "head piece" on that pumpkin!

    Dana @ craftedniche.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! What a super cool idea, might have to steal this, lol....

    Stop over for a visit sometime!

    Cara
    http://homespunkitchen.blogspot.com/2011/09/fall-is-here.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your pumpkin clock. I found your blog from link party under the table and dreaming.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pumpkin is just the greatest with it's clock and hat! So sweert of you to make it for a charity event!

    Thanks for linking up Potpourri Friday. You are a real asset to the success of this party and I appreciate you! I hope that you will make this a regular weekly stop and will look forward to seeing what you create for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute! So nice that it went to a charity event. Laura Cottage and Broome

    ReplyDelete
  15. That pumpkin is adorable, I've pinned it too! Very creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute Tracy!!
    Time for a pumpkin latte..that is sounding good to me this morning after seeing your adorable pumpkin!!

    Happy Sunday!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE it!! Such a wonderful, original idea. That would be great in any room for fall.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tracy I think it is adorable! I am laughing at the reference to the hats!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I would be so honored if I won a pumpkin such as this. And to think its a working clock... It is a genius of an idea...Good luck I hope it pulls in lots of cash.
    Hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are featured today at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would ship it where it would be appreciated! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great project! :) I've featured this post on Craft Gossip here:
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/pumpkin-clock/

    If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here:
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi lovely lady.
    You did a Beautiful job on your clock so sweet. You are being featured on your pumpkin clock to day on Potpourri Friday. I hope you have a great week.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your pumpkin is just the greatest with it's clock and hat. So sweet of you to make it for a charity event, and sure it will be best attraction in event.
    printed stickers

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your blog and this project - so creative and fun and unique! Just wanted to let you know I featured it in my roundup of clock re-dos and makeovers here. Feel free to check it out if you want and hope you like it! : )

    -Mel the Crafty Scientist

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and I appreciate each and every one of them. Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails