Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Giving and Receiving Plus a Cute Video to Make Your Day

“The ones that give, get back in kind.” 

I have something I would love to share with you all today.  Back in April I made some pillows for my best friend’s birthday.  Her birthday was in March, but better late than never.  They were worth the wait because my vision that I shared here, turned out just like I planned.

jonespillow

My friend loved her pillow and I loved it too.  I saved the template thinking I would make myself one and I have been so busy that I decided to delete the template and be done with the project forever. 

Until…….

A sweet reader named Peggy asked me if I could make her some pillows for her daughter’s upcoming wedding anniversary and one for her and her husband.  Honestly, I really wanted to tell her I just couldn’t fit it into my schedule and that I had deleted the template, but I decided to compromise.  I offered to make her the freezer paper template and send it to her and she could do the stenciling and sewing.  She wanted to pay me for my time, but I just couldn’t accept payment.  I am a giver.  I stayed up really late on a work night to get it done so she would have time to do her part before her daughter’s anniversary.  For the life of me I couldn’t remember how I had previously created the stencil on my Cricut.  I had to do it twice.  The 2nd one turned out, but it wasn’t quite like my original pillow stencil that I made for my friend.  However, it was close enough especially at midnight when I have to wake up at 5:30am for work the next day.  This is during the time I had just brought home a new puppy too.  It was like having a newborn.  She was wearing me out.

Anyway, I got them made and sent them to her.  Once again she asked to pay me and I ignored her.  Although it was tough finding the time to do the stencils, I wanted to help her with her gift and I was glad I did it.  I just didn’t feel like she should pay me for it. 

Well she is sweet, smart and sneaky.  I opened my mailbox one day and discovered a cute little box with something very special in it.  Without my knowing, she repaid me with the perfect gift.  I wondered how a stranger knew exactly what to get me.

Wanna see?

IMG_2471 copy

I just love it.  Capture life…..   Isn’t that perfect?

She follows my blog and knows I love my camera.  When I emailed her to thank her for the perfect gift she said she prides herself in finding just the right item for people.  She’s darn good at it. 

I tried to take a photo of me wearing it.  How do those teeny boppers take self portraits for facebook in the bathroom mirror.  I just couldn’t do it.  My camera is heavy and my arm felt like it was falling off so I gave up.  Here are a couple of my attempts.

I am too busy concentrating to smile and I missed the necklace.

IMG_2449 copy

I got the necklace, but I missed my face.

IMG_2452 copy

Not my thing I guess.

Her daughter’s anniversary was at the end of June and I recently wondered if she was able to get the pillows made.  Then yesterday I got an email with a photo attached of her pillows and they look wonderful.  I asked her if I could share them and she said yes, but that I might be asked to make more pillows.  I have deleted the template again.   Darn the luck.  Smile

Here’s the great job she did on them.

image

I really love the idea that something I came up with was a special enough gift to my reader that she wanted her daughter to have it for her anniversary.  I also like that she also had a part in making the gift because I know that it will be more special to her daughter. 

Ok I have one more thing to share with you.  My coworkers showed me the cutest video today.  You have to watch it.  I promise it will make your day.

sig

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails