Monday, July 11, 2011

Frame Redo Using Chalk Paint and Wax

My hemming and hawing has finally come to and end with my frame.  The darkness of the frame kept catching my attention and so I decided to paint it.  I was a little hesitant because several months ago I ruined a custom frame with one of my paint jobs.

This frame is an odd size and was on clearance at Kirklands last year.  I had a mat cut at Hobby Lobby so I could change out 8x10 photos whenever the mood hit me.  By the way Hobby Lobby was stocking the Christmas aisles this weekend.  Christmas in July with 105 degree temps doesn’t seem right. So anyway I got my mat and painted my frame with Versailles green chalk paint. 

I don’t know if I like chalk paint or not.  I still need to finish my barstools and I will have a better idea if I like it or not.  The Versailles is kind of a bright greenish yellow color, but it changes depending on the wax used.  I used a dark brown on my frame.  It made it a little too olive, but I can live with it. 

So I will quit blabbing and show you.

IMG_2419 copy

Here is a before photo.

table

A few more after photos.

IMG_2422 copy

IMG_2423 copy

IMG_2428 copy

I didn’t distress the frame.  I didn’t let the chalk paint dry over night and some of it came off when I rubbed the wax onto the painted frame.  I knew this was going to happen and I was ok with it because I wanted some of the old dark frame to show through. 

Thanks for stopping by.  Maybe I will know if I really like chalk paint or not in the near future.  I really am tired of looking at my partially painted barstool. 

sig

Domestically Speaking

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails