Monday, December 13, 2010

Treasured Christmas Linky Party

My fingers are crossed that I can make this linky party happen. 

My first linky party is all about a Christmas trinket or treasure that is sentimental and important to you.  It can be made, bought, a memory, a gift, etc.

I wanted to share my friendhsip with two special ladies with you.

My mom died by suicide January 5, 2000.  Christmas day was the last day that I saw her alive.  I got through that first year of my mom's suicide by online support groups.  I  met some wonderful people who also experienced the loss of a loved one by suicide.  I am still friends with several of these ladies almost 11 years later. 

One of my dear friends lost her youngest son to suicide, then her middle son to a drunk driver and then her oldest son to sleep apnea.  All within about 7 to 8 years.  I met her after the middle son died.  She is older and in poor health.  I wanted to show her that she was loved so I flew to Phoenix to visit and stay with her for a weekend.  She has shown me love many times with special gifts.  I always get tamales in the mail at Christmas from my dear friend.  One year she sent me a special ornament from Russia.  Her friend brought him back for her to give to me when he visited the country.  I just love it.




 I just love my Russian Santa with the snow globe.  Isn't he beautiful?

I made another life long friend in Michigan, but we have never met.  She lost her husband to suicide and had to raise 3 small children.   We have chatted through the loss of her mother to cancer last November and through her first breast cancer treatment and now her relapse.  She isn't crafty and doesn't want to be crafty.  With that being said I think it is even more special that she made me an ornament.  It has a dainty feather and glitter inside a clear ball that has a rainbow effect to it.  Attached is a special saying:

I'm from your Guardian Angel
Who's been assigned to you
She dropped this in her struggles
As she protected you
Each time you feel alone
Each time you nearly fall
I'm here to remind you
You're not alone at all. 


Isn't my ornament beautiful?  I love it. 

Out of tragedy came friendship and love that I will treasure forever and these ornaments are a special reminder every Christmas. 

Ok now that I have wrote a novel show me what you treasure.  I can't wait to see what you treasure at Christmas time.







12 comments:

  1. Suicide is the hardest on the survivors...trying to understand the why and what could we have done. I lost my brother to suicide when I was 17 years old and 17 years later his middle son followed in his father's footsteps. You are very blessed to have the friendship of these two people. May your Christmas be bright with all of the wonderful memories of your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm soo sorry about your mom. That had to be so incredibly hard. My mom went through a deep depression a few years ago when my youngest sister was getting ready to go to college. It was so hard to see her go through that and I really worried about her. I am thankful she was able to find natural hormones to help balance her and that God allowed her to come out of it. I can only imagine how hard it would be if she had taken her life, as I know she told me later like she hadn't wanted to be alive.
    Thanks for sharing your stories, and so nice that you are able to reach out to others in their losses, too. I said a prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this stories - it reads so hard and sad...

    I found your blog about Amy. Thank you for the linky party and have a wonderful day!

    Tine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy your stories touched my heart. I can see why you treasure those ornaments so much. They are beautiful by themselves and the stories of friendship and heart ache that go along with them make them so much more special. The letter that was attached to your feather ball ornament was absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing your stories and again I am so sorry for your loss, hugs to you my dear friend.

    Thank you for the hosting such a special party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Tracy, hugs....big squeezy hugs. Thank you for sharing. I can't imagine how hard it was to get through. Your treasures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tracy, your post was sad and lovely at the same time. I wish you happiness during this holiday season and always! Your words make me appreciate the friend who gave me the bird ornament that I have added to the party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i haven't written anything about a christmas item i treasure, but i wanted to comment. i think it is so wonderful that you have these friends and are able to remember them each christmas, when they are most likely struggling to make it through, and swimming in memories, happy and sad. i friend of a friend lost his wife last year on christmas to a brain tumor. they have 2 kids, exactly the same age as mine. i am thinking of their family this christmas and hoping they find some peace and joy. and i am also thinking of the mother who passed, and is not there to share this christmas with her children. it's a reality check amongst all the joys my own children are finding this year, and i pray that we never have to face tragedy like your friends have. i know i will keep my friend and your friends in my prayers on christmas day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. and i just realized i somehow skipped by your own tragedy. i lost an aunt who was my godmother(my mom's sister) to suicide on april fool's day of 1996. i know how hard it is to have so many unanswered questions, but i know that my aunt is finally happy and resting after years of turmoil. i can't imagine losing my mom that way, and i am so sorry you had to go through that. i am sending hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your post was so very touching. I think it's just wonderful how you have reached out to others and help them get through this difficult time. I love the ornament and what she wrote about it was beautiful.

    I'm going to try to take some more pictures tomorrow. I have had a bit of a problem with blogger and loading is very slow. I have another day to join you I think!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry about your mom. Your post touched my heart. Wishing you lots of joy for the Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suicide is so very hard on the loved ones left behind. And the Holidays are tough with just a normal loss, but to add the suicide factor just makes it that much worse on the loved ones. You are in my prayers and I'm so sorry that you've lost your mom.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and I appreciate each and every one of them. Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails