Monday, December 27, 2010

Painted Urns

My last project I posted about was December 12th.  I have been working on a wall and table top redo, but I didn’t want to post about it smack in the middle of Christmas decoration posts. 

I am ready to share part of my redo.  I went to one of my favorite stores and found some urns for a pretty good price.  Just about everything in this store screams my name, however, the prices usually scream bankruptcy. 

The store has home décor, lawn and garden supplies, outdoor furniture/décor as well as plants and flowers.  It is a greenhouse and then some.

Pete's Greenhouse

I have to go back to get something tomorrow.  I might take a camera and ask if I can take photos. 

So I am browsing around.  I went there to look at pots, but ended up browsing the whole store in. Christmas décor was 1/2 off and I was tempted, but I just don’t’ want to put away any more Christmas stuff so I passed.  As my want meter is about to explode I found these 2 urns and think they are pretty affordable so I grab them.  As I continue to browse in another area, I find the same urn container for more than twice the price.  That sealed the deal and I bought them. 

They were green.  Anyone who has been reading my blog knows my love for greens.  Not this green.  It was a weird green that didn’t go with anything.  So my other love is rust. 

I painted them n a nice rust Autumn Brown color and let them dry.

IMG_1810

It is hard to tell how funky the green is in the pic.  The Autumn Brown paint is still drying in the photo.

After the paint dried, I used a scraggly paint brush and some black paint to dry brush the urn and take away the starkness of the solid paint and give the urn some depth. 

IMG_1815

Dry brushing is my all time favorite way to paint.  It is aimless like me and  it the paint is instantly dry. 

Soon you will see what I will be doing with my urns. 

What are you doing this week?  Resting, organizing, or changing things up?

Tracy

 

Power of Paint Party

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails