Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Pumpkins Gone Wild

I don’t decorate for the holidays.  I do not own any decorations for Valentine’s Day, Easter, St Patrick’s Day, 4th of July etc, however, Christmas is an exception.   I do like to do a little seasonal decorating.  My favorite is fall.  I think I am drawn to the colors.  I have noticed a few fall projects and all the stores are carrying fall decorations so I am jumping on the bandwagon and posting about pumpkins.

IMG_3122

I made these using artificial pumpkins, leopard print tissue paper, Mod Podge, and floral stems. 

IMG_3126

I cut small pieces of tissue paper and placed them on my pumpkins using the Mod Podge.  When the pumpkin was completely covered and dry, I painted on an exterior coat of Mod Podge to protect the edges of the tissue paper and prevent peeling.  I hot glued floral stems onto the top of the pumpkins. 

I like things in 3s so I made 3 different sized pumpkins. 

A big one.

IMG_3129

A smaller one.

IMG_3127

And a tiny one.

IMG_3128

The sunflower is my favorite part.

IMG_3118

I also like that these can be displayed from Sept until Thanksgiving year after year. 

IMG_3123

So what are you waiting for?  Fall is just around the corner.  Grab a pumpkin and make something fun.

signature2

Linking to

Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts

Strut Your Stuff  Thursday @ Somewhat Simple

Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage

Under $100 Linky Party @ Beyond the Picket Fence

Just Because I love It @ Tools Are for Women Too

Favorite Things Friday @ A Few of My Favorite Things

Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home

Feature Yourself Friday @ Fingerprints on the Fridge

Fabulous Friday @ Saving Money Living Life

Keeping Up with the Schultz

Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots and Jello

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming



Visit thecsiproject.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails