Sunday, August 29, 2010

Fall Mantel

I have been working on different projects for my very first fall mantel.  I guess I was a little excited so I have it completed way before the fall season has arrived.   In the past I have  NEVER changed it except for Christmas. 

I have already showed you the pine cone frame in a post here

IMG_3563

I also showed you my pine cone ball and wreath here.

IMG_3655

IMG_3657

The only missing parts to share with you are some cute wooden acorns I found at Hobby Lobby.

IMG_3614

I thought they would be even cuter with a little  bit of paint

So I dry brushed  mint green paint on the acorns and then glazed them with dark brown glaze.

You can see the difference.  The small one is unglazed.  I didn’t want to completely cover the acorn with paint because I wanted some of the dark stain to show through. 

IMG_3619

Here they are on the mantel.

IMG_3703

I really like the soft muted color of them.  If I had left them dark then they would have blended with the candle holders.

Finally all of it together.  I think it looks pretty good for my first attempt.  I am trying to get better at the layering thing.

Using nature in decorating is my very favorite.

IMG_3711

The texture of the pine cones is so appealing to me.

 IMG_3707

IMG_3706

Here are a few more shots.

IMG_3710

IMG_3696

Thank you for all of the kind comments on the mantel projects leading up to this post.  I truly do love reading each and everyone of them.  All of the encouraging words keep me motivated.

Tracy

Linking to

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Anything Related @ All Thingz Related

Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts

Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple

Show and Tell @ My Romantic Home

Remodelaholics Anonymous Meeting @ Remodelaholic

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Visit thecsiproject.com

Fall Mantel Party @ Nesting Place

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails