Saturday, June 23, 2012

Faux Brick Wall in the Son’s Room

Months ago I bought a faux brick panel from Lowes to put in the entry area of my son’s room I redid.  It sat in the garage for a long time and then it sat lying against the wall in my son’s room for a long time.  Today it finally got screwed to the wall.  I got the idea from All Things Thrifty Blog.  You can see her wall here.  She painted her mortar white.  I left mine dark.

fauxbrickwall1

If you take your measurements to Lowes they will cut it for you.  If you take your SUV to Lowes to buy it, then you will have to leave it and go home and get your husband’s truck because it won’t fit in your midsize SUV.  Just a little FYI for ya.

I did paint the brick using a sea sponge and some acrylic paints. It use to look like this.

IMG_1042

I wanted it to go with his new gray room we redid in February.  You can read about that redo here

I might make a sign for the wall to break up some of the brick. 

fauxbrickwall2

I will let you know if I do. 

sig

Linking to

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails