Saturday, January 28, 2012

Zinc Blocks-From Country Cute to Industrial Cool

I think the most rewarding decorating comes from transforming something you already have into something new and wonderful.  It’s cheap or free and fun to see the transformation.  A lot of this will be happening in my son’s room redo.  It seems I am redoing the décor before I am redoing the room.  The décor is the easy and fun part.   Maybe I will labor with painting walls next weekend. 

IMG_6867

When my son was really young I found these country wooden blocks that spelled out his name.  They have been put away for awhile and I thought new life could be brought to them with some paint. 

Here’s what they looked like before.

IMG_6825

I sprayed a couple of coats of Krylon aluminum paint on them.

IMG_6826

Bling bling bling!!!  Not the look I was going for at all, but a little black glaze would tone them down and make them just right.

IMG_6840

I made my own black glaze with some craft acrylic paint and glaze mix.  I generously painted the blocks and then wiped the glaze off with a paper towel.

IMG_6868

I love them.  Don’t they look like metal blocks now? 

IMG_6865 copy

I will show you another transformation soon. 

sig

Linking to

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

beforeAndAfterButton

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails