Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Tradition

Last year I shared my handmade ornament with my special tradition inside.  You can see that post here if you’d like. 

IMG_0290

I have been thinking about my letter to my son that I will tuck away inside the box on Christmas Eve so he can read it Christmas morning.  I am looking forward to writing about  how proud I am of him.  He has challenged himself this year and made some great goals for himself.  I have seen him push himself harder than he ever has.  He is 13 and becoming a young man.  I know one day these letters will mean more to him than any gift we ever bought him.  I wish my mom had told me in a letter year after year how she felt about me.  I would love to be able to pull those out and cherish them every Christmas. My mom passed away at 47 years old and I was 29.  Life can be really short.  Don’t forget to let those you love know how you feel and enjoy this time together. 

sig

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails