Sunday, February 6, 2011

Pottery Barn Inspired Photo/Place Card Holders

I am working on a project and I might need some photo holders.  Pottery Barn had some that I really wanted, but I decided to make some today instead of because I already had everything I needed and I didn’t want to wait for shipping.

Here’s the Pottery Barn inspiration.

Antique Bar Place Card Holder, Set of 4

To make mine, I used silver colored clay that you mold and bake along with some rubber stamps to make a texture/design in my photo holder. 

IMG_4433

You can find different kinds of this clay at craft stores.  It’s inexpensive and fairly easy to work with once you get it warmed and kneaded.  I shaped my clay, put a slit in the top, gave it a stamp and then baked them in the oven. 

They turned out like this.

IMG_4450

I used black glaze to help show the detail of the stamp and  then placed vintage camera ads I printed today into them.

IMG_4461

IMG_4458

IMG_4455

I know they don’t really look much like the PB version, but they are similar and they do the job.

Tracy

Linking to

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails