Here is one of the before boxes with an after box.
Here is the before box close up. It had a world map print and an ugly tassel.
These are the after pics. The paper edges didn't meet up as well as I wanted them to so I used some paint to distress and age the edges. I think it makes the boxes look more interesting. I replaced those ugly tassels with a monogram which can easily be removed for a cleaner look. I painted the box lids off white and stained them and then distressed the edges with paint.
Last weekend I came across Susie Harris' blog that shows how she made the Pottery Barn typewriter wall art. Her project is amazing and I love it, but I wasn't brave enough to make it. Instead I just made one little "D" block using her instructions. I also repainted a frame and printed the Pottery Barn pic to put in it.