Friday, February 17, 2012

Closet Door Ideas

I am taking a break from cleaning out my son’s closet while he is at school.  It’s a mess I tell ya.  I have asked him to do it all week and his is dragging his feet so I got after it today since I am off work and I am glad I did.  He tends to hoard trash things.  I am putting piles to the side of items I know he would want to look at before they are gone, but there is literally trash in his so called “toy” box. 

After I painted his room from cream to gray, his brown closet doors look really bad.  I need to paint the trim as well, but I am saving that for another day or maybe year, but the doors need help now.  I went to Pinterest for inspiration.  Here is a link to my board so you can check out where all of the pins came from.

Here are a few of my favorites.

closet doors

I am wondering how to do molding on a door?  Mandi….do you know?  Can  you show up with your saw and nail gun?  I am probably going to go with the chalkboard look, but he’s some more fun ideas.

How cool are these painted locker doors?

Love those closet doors!  Painted like lockers.

I will have barn doors somewhere someday!

closet doors

Mirrors are cool, but he already has 2 mirrors in his room and he likes checking out his muscle development.  I can’t have too many areas for him to stare and flex.

Mirrored closet doors

Love the red and molding on these doors too.

painted closet doors

Think he would go for zebra print?

zebra closet doors

This telephone booth door is so fun.

Telephone Booth Door!

Well, break is over.  Back to work for me.  If you have any good ideas to send my way I am all ears.  I haven’t bought my chalkboard paint yet.

sig

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails