Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Beachy Love Sign

My friend Anita @ Going a Little Coastal has some great photography skills and Florida gives her beautiful landscape opportunities.  When I was doing my version of a beachy mantel I wanted to use some of her photography, but I couldn’t get my initial idea to work.  So I came up with a new idea so using her photo that I printed.

image

Using the print, I cut out the letters to spell LOVE with my Cricut.  I painted a pine board white and used dark brown paint on the edges for a slight distressed look by dry brushing it on to create this little Beachy Love Sign.  I attached the letters using Mod Podge.

Love ModPodge Sign

ModPodge Sign 2

ModPodge Sign 3

ModPodge Sign 4

I picked the word “LOVE” because my friend loves the beach so much so I thought it was fitting.

Have you ever found a 2nd use for something that didn’t work out the first time? 

sig

Linking to

Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple

The Lettered Cottage

Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots and Jello

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails